Wednesday 16 November 2011

How using a ;-) or :p can change a message.

"Fancy a coffee?" Seems innocent enough, but what happens when you add a small emoticon? "Fancy a coffee ;-)" - See, changes everything.

I guess the thing with texting is you can never quite get your feelings across. Maybe we need some new rules that everyone should follow. We all seem to use "lol" these days. Seems you can text like a twat and get away with it if you just add "lol" at the end.

"jesus man, you was such an idiot last night not impressed lol" - See what i mean? I bet a ":p" would let you get away with it as well.

One thing that annoys me is when people put a ! at the end of the text. Not sure if people realize the effect this has on a message. Even if you didn't mean it to sound aggressive, it always seems so to me.

Ah well lol, see you all later ;-)
(see what i did there?)

3 comments:

  1. I always put a ! but thats cause I'm very excitable.. I am trying to curb my enthusiasm as i have become aware that it annoys people...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It annoys most people i think..

    ReplyDelete